Saturday, June 13, 2009

Seven Quick Previews, Saturday Edition.

So I've devised a GENIUS plan to get me to not only get today's (okay, yesterday's) post written, but to also outline prompts AND a schedule of posts for the next week. Okay two weeks. Maybe three. Let's be realistic. FOUR. Out with 7 Quick Takes (for today, anyway) and in with 7 Quick Previews. From what I understand, Quick Takes is meant to be notes about items that just aren't Full Post Worthy; however, I have a bit of a discipline problem when it comes to actually writing posts. And I need a bit of motivation.

And so follows Big Things Happening in the Land of B's & F's to be discussed later:

1.) I need a new laptop. Our current computer has about 1.5 inches of lines running down the monitor, is missing "G" and "Enter" and spends most of its time broadcasting Caillou off of YouTube. We're thinking about making the switch to a Mac, which is a MAJOR LIFE CHANGING EVENT for me; however, I recognize the value of this change and am willing to roll with the tide. Plus, that's what my brother said to do, and when he talks tech, you listen.

2.) Everyone in my bloggy world is writing about sleep these days, and so I figure that I should jump on the bandwagon. I'm a little bit afraid to do this right now, though, because things are actually starting to go well right now. You know that as soon as you open your big fat bloggy mouth about how well your baby is sleeping he starts getting teeth, or an ear infection, or he climbs out of the crib. Sigh. I should just erase this paragraph now before I jinx myself.

3.) Last night as I was sitting downstairs weighing the pros and cons of actually cleaning up the day's toys vs. going to sleep, a commercial came on the On Demand menu (Christopher's viewing of Franklin had come to an end and Tim had whisked him upstairs before he realized what hit him) for High School Musical. And I WAS SINGING ALONG WITH IT. Now, the only thing I know about this movie is this very 30-second preview, but it was enough to plant this thought in my mind: I want to watch it. And I just don't know how I feel about that.

4.) Only 1.5 more weeks until we have our Find Out What Sex The Baby Is Ultrasound and I CAN'T WAIT. And I think it might be a girl. AND I'M ACTUALLY OKAY WITH THAT. (Don't think me too awful of a person.)

5.) I want to go out on a date with my husband. It's been a looong time. We already know where we're going to go and I'm so excited because the last time we went there (and the only time) was the first friday during Lent and I had to order crabcakes. At. A. Steakhouse. I realize that many a fish lover will order fish at a steakhouse without blinking an eye, but some of us do not like fish. Fish are friends. Not food.

6.) There is a man who works in our church whose wife passed away a couple of weeks ago. I did not know her, and I hardly know him except to say hello in passing, but my heart is just broken for him and his family. My norm with things such as this is to send a Mass card and perhaps make a meal to send along, but for whatever reason, I have not gotten around to it yet. Yesterday, during our weekly Friday visit to the rectory HE WAS THERE. He's never there on Fridays. I actually had to TALK to him to express my condolences, which goes against everything in my cowardly being. And I did. Yesterday is the day I became a grown-up.

7.) We've had a lovely experience with our Novena to Saint Rita, about which there are many, MANY things to say. I'll let you ponder what that could mean until I get around to the full story, but it's been so powerful that Tim and I actually talked about giving her a little cred in the baby's name. If it's a girl, of course. I don't think my son would ever forgive me for naming him Rita, do you?

No comments: