Thursday, February 19, 2009

Last night, Jacob slept from 3:30 until 8:00 with nary a wiggle. It was fabulous. We won't discuss how many times he was up prior to 3:30, as it seriously steals my thunder. What we will discuss, albeit minimally, is the one factor that I neglected to mention in my Rant about my baby who never sleeps: MY NEIGHBORS.

Neighbors = the only people who use my doorstep who do not respect the cute little sign hanging on my door, "Shhhhh. Babies sleeping. Thank you!" Never mind the fact that they walk past that sign every blasted day. Also never mind the fact that THEY ARE THE REASON FOR THE SIGN. Anyway, I mention this because, surely there are a number of factors at play with Jacob's sleep problems; however, I do not believe it to be a coincidence that every single time they stomp up the stairs and slam the door (which, really is every. single. time. they come in and out) my Jacob wakes up crying within five minutes.

Side note: out of the eight townhomes in our little complex, we are the ONLY ONES who share a step. I find this to be supremely unfair and believe that this is the primary reason that my husband should just buy me a house so we can just move already!

Side note to the side note: we'll be discussing the topic of moving shortly.

No comments: